Friday 6 April 2012

TipTopSwiss 97:366

I'm currently in the UK so I'm reflecting on life in Switzerland vs UK.

Things that have struck me since I got back:

  • traffic noise is so much worse in UK. I think it's related to road surface!
  • smoking is so much worse in Switzerland. I never thought I'd say this but it was a relief to walk down the shopping precinct in Sutton and not breathe in lungfuls of smoke at every step.
  • the habit of decorating trees with 'bagged scooped poop' in the park hasn't lessened here since I moved to Switzerland. I wish there were more bins around the park for depositing such offerings then perhaps people wouldn't do it!
  • it's lovely to drink fresh skimmed milk.
And whilst you can get Toblerone and Lindt bunnies in the shops, (according to my spies!) you can't get blue Toblerone, nor honey Philadelphia.



No comments:

Post a Comment