Thursday 23 February 2012

TipTopSwiss 54:366

Ich bin erkältet. 
Ich habe eine Erkältung. Ich habe Kopfschmerzen und ich bin viel NiesenIch habe auch eine trefende Nase.
One of the challenges of living in another country is that you are unfamiliar with the makes and brands of products. Add to that a different way of doing things and a bit of a language barrier. When I have a cold in England I pop off to the supermarket or chemist and get some cold and flu tablets or just take paracetamol. In Switzerland you can't buy medicine in supermarkets - 'over the counter' means over the counter here - and aspirin seems to be favoured over paracetamol. Below is what I was advised to take by the Apotheke. The tablets are full of flower essences and the powders (right) contain aspirin. I'm not saying that they won't work - they may well do, and I have nothing against different approaches, but I'll still be stocking up on a few 'essentials' whilst in the UK over the next few days!


No comments:

Post a Comment